This is all the Titanium Mobile development news I’ve gathered from the Twittersphere and Interwebs for the past week – Happy 2012!
With the update to 1.8 last week, Appcelerator has updated their documentation around common.js. A must read as this is the way things are going in the Ti world.
Appcelerator reblogged a posting from IRL Gaming on JSONDB – NoSQL DB for your mobile apps. Worth a read is you missed it the first time around.
Aaron Saunders has been buzy again sharing his thoughts and code on Cocoafish integration in a series of postings:
– Titanium Appcelerator Quickie: Cocoafish Native iOS Module
– Titanium Appcelerator Quickie: Cocoafish API Module
– a slide deck explaining why he thinks platforms like CocoaFish are important in mobile development (I agree!)
– Titanium Appcelerator Quickie: Cocoafish Native Module + Facebook Integration
The Warper Coder shared his experience on Appcelerator Titanium commonJS & Global Variables with the move to 1.8.
Sharry over at Learning Titanium posted three new articles:
– an interview with Tim Poulsen from Appcelerator on Training & Certification
– an interview with 5 developers (including yours truly) on native module development
– A cross posting with Ben Bahrenburg from bencoding.com on Adding BackgroundModes to your Titanium Project
Ben Bahrenburg also posted a quick tutorial on getting the KitchenSink running on the Kindle Fire.
Cam Collins posted his day 1 experience with iOS and Titanium. Good to see the day one experience with Appcelerator is so seamless now!
Rafael Kellermann Streit shared a mini-browser for Titanium Appcelerator. One line to add a browser in your app. Nice.
toru0325 shared a Window 7 Metro interface for Titanium. (iOS only) More than a little awesome.
Paris4 – everything you need to know about the #4 district in Paris.
iVillage Red Carpet Fever – track awards season for your favorite stars.
If you’ve got any news, tips, or apps I’ve missed, please leave them in the comments below!